The Six Pathways of Destiny
Ralph Metzner, Ph.D.
German Translation available here
Each of us, as a human soul, incarnates by choice with a vision for this life – what we came here to do and to be. The soul chooses one or more of six great archetypal pathways in which to develop its talents and realize its vision – Healer/Peacemaker, Explorer/Scientist, Warrior/Guardian, Artist/Musician, Teacher/Historian, Builder/Organizer. Each of the pathways is not only a career or a profession, our work in the world, each is also at a deeper level a pathway for manifesting our soul’s destiny.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction - Pathways of Destiny
- 1. The Artist, the StoryTeller, the Poet, the Musician
- 2. The Builder, the Organizer, the Producer, the Engineer
- 3. The Explorer, the Scientist, the Seeker, the Pioneer
- 4. The Healer, the Shaman, the Therapist, the Peacemaker
- 5. The Teacher, the Historian, the Social Scientist, the Journalist
- 6. The Warrior, the Guardian, the Reformer, the Activist
- Epilog I: The Epic Poets of Ancient and Medieval Times
- Epilog II: Medieval Troubadours and Mystic Poets
- Select Bibliography
- Divinatory Questions on the Six Life Paths